Thursday, May 12, 2016

Time to Celebrate

It's almost May and Summer is around the corner. The end of April has been very busy for me so I hadn't really thought of anything that I could write about. But I discovered the National Day Calendar (http://www.nationaldaycalendar.com/calendar-at-a-glance/). And if you're needing a reason to celebrate they've got you covered.


Did you know that May is National Barbecue Month, Hamburger Month, Egg Month, Salad Month, Salsa Month, Strawberry Month and perhaps most importantly Chocolate Custard Month? (Of course there are important things that aren't so celebratory like it is also Lyme Disease Awareness month, but I'll leave that for you to explore.) And Asian-American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month sounds good.

Is a whole month too much for you? Well, May also has some important days. Of course if you're so inclined May first is May day. But it is also National Chocolate Parfait Day. And National Mother Goose Day. And this year (since it officially falls on the first Sunday) National Lemonade Day. I'm certainly going to try to celebrate that.

And if you're looking for something a little different May third is National Lumpy Rug Day. I'm not exactly sure how one celebrates that, but I've got just the rug. And that's immediately followed by National Candied Orange Peel Day. Though sometimes I think that that one has just gotten too commercial.

Are you in to beer? Well May seventh is National Homebrew Day. You aren't in to that, how about May ninth and National Butterscotch Brownie day? Though it seems to be the wrong season, May thirteenth is National Apple Pie Day. And the fourteenth is National Buttermilk Biscuit Day. And just a few days later we have National Cherry Cobbler Day on the seventeenth.

And if that's too exciting you can dial things back on the twenty-second with National Vanilla Pudding Day.

I think I will not be doing anything special on May twenty-fourth which is National Escargot Day. Though it is also National Scavenger Hunt Day. And May twenty-fifth appears to be National Wine Day.

And then we get to Memorial Day Weekend. With Hamburger Day on the twenty-eighth. Of course Memorial Day is on the thirtieth this year. And we all observe that day in our own ways.

 And on the thirty-first there is a day that I can't quite decide if it is a celebration or a punishment. It is National Speak in Sentences Day. Nope. I don't think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment